To those that follow me on Facebook and Twitter know that I have accepted a new position with the same company that I have been with for almost 12 years. I am no longer part of management and I have no one that reports directly to me. (Thank god.) I have moved over to an engineer role and responsible for data center infrastructure and the “cloud”. So far, it has been a great move for me. Sure its going to be a lot of work and reading. Sure I will be doing a lot of traveling and going to training classes for all types of certifications. (The traveling will be great because I can play disc golf in new states.)
After the first week in my new role and new office, I am thankful for a few reasons.
- I no longer sit next to all the bathrooms.
- No one walks past my office because I am in the far back corner.
- No one comes over to bother me about nonsense issues.
- I can play music/podcasts without annoying people or being interrupted.
- My email inbox has decreased by 99%.
Now it’s time to go back to my readings about data storage and management.